There has never been a better time to go solar
Solar technology has come a long way in recent years. It is more efficient and cheaper now than it has ever been. By making your purchase through the Antigonish Community Energy Coop, you benefit from bulk purchasing prices.
How it Works
- Join the Coop! A lifetime household membership to ACE is $5.00*. Lifetime organizational memberships are $50.00*. JOIN NOW
- All members are entitled to one free site assessment by one of our installers. The assessment will detail any work that needs to be done to prepare for installation (ex. roof repairs) and give you a breakdown of costs. Site assessments will begin in early winter 2017. Registration for assessment is now open: REQUEST A SITE ASSESSMENT
- We are organizing our third group buy for early spring 2018. Interested members are asked to confirm their commitment with at $500.00 deposit by May 31st, 2018. Installations will be completed in order in which deposits are received. MAKE YOUR DEPOSIT.
- The ACE Coop installers will negotiate with suppliers in mid-April 2018 to get the best deal on solar equipment, taking into consideration: shipping, efficiency and price. Group buyers will be invoiced for the solar equipment as well as our 2% Anti-Poverty Levy no less than 10 days before the order is placed. Members who wish to take advantage of financing through the East Coast Credit Union will be eligible for an Eco-Line of Credit (prime +1% or better).
- Once the Coop receives all of the member's equipment from the manufacturers, your installer will contact you to schedule your installation. Remember that installations generally occur in the order in which deposits were received. Labour and installation costs are billed following completion of the work.
*Please note that we add a $0.75 service change for Household Membership paid via PayPal transaction to offset the additional costs of this convenient payment method. The service fee for Institutional Memberships is $2.00.
If you prefer to pay by cash or cheque please contact us to make arrangements.